AESS Managing Director
for questions related to sponsorship, exhibiting, registration or AESS membership
University of Central Florida Site Coordinator
for questions related to venue, lodging, and local transportation
AESS Conference Chair, AESS President-Elect
for questions related to proposals and sessions
UCF is committed to minimizing its environmental footprint by fostering a culture that reduces, reuses, and recycles waste. To support a closed-loop waste management processes, the University’s innovative practices include partnering with suppliers who share its vision, working to reduce source packaging, enabling recovery and reuse of discarded materials, and recycling waste to create raw materials for other purposes. UCF is always seeking new and innovative ways to minimize its environmental footprint and is on track to meet its goal of a 75% recycling rate by 2020.
As of 2015, 13 of UCF’s new construction buildings have achieved LEED Silver certified or higher.
Nearly 60% of UCF’s campus land is designated as conservation boasting vast wetlands, upland preserves, and multitudes of plant and animal species. This rich and horticulturally diverse visual landscape exemplifies the composition of Central Florida’s native environments. In order to preserve these treasures for future generations, UCF employs the best practices to protect native vegetative communities and wildlife habitat. The University strives to create a campus outdoor environment that promotes comfort, security, sustainability, and a regional sense of place for everyone to enjoy.
AESS 2018 has committed to the following Green Initiatives
- Providing only vegetarian meals, with an emphasis on local sourcing.
- Reducing waste through:
- Use of digital program
- Use of compostable or reusable plates, napkins, and utensils
- Not offering boxed meals
- Limiting amount of swag (Please bring your own name tag holder/lanyard and bag)
- Collaborating with UCF’s office of sustainability
- Reducing food waste by collaborating with UCF Catering.
- Reducing plastic waste by:
- Asking all participants to bring their own reusable water bottles.
- Not offering plastic bottles or food in plastic containers at meals.
- Requesting that caterers reduce plastic packaging, when possible.
- Collecting and reusing plastic badge holders from previous AESS conferences.
- Encouraging environmental education through:
- Including an Orlando sustainability tour in our field trip options.
Lodging and Travel Details
- Single and Double occupancy rooms are available
- Rooms include free wifi, linens and towel
- Extend your stay through Sunday, June 30; these post-conference rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
AESS has reserved a block of rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando East. Rooms are available Tuesday June 25 through Saturday June 29*.
Hotel address: 12125 High Tech Ave Orlando FL, 32817
- Call hotel to make reservations the hotel (407) 275-9000 and mention “AESS 2019 Conference”
- Direct Booking link: http://group.doubletree.com/AESS2019
Reservations are the responsibility of individuals. All reservations must be accompanied by a deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card individually. Hotel will not hold any reservations unless secured by one of the above methods.
Reservations by attendees must be received on or before May 26, 2019. Thereafter reservations will be taken on a space available basis only.
Rates (all in USD)
- King $129 per night (plus taxes and fees)
- Two Double Beds $139 per night (plus taxes and fees)
All rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes.
*Group room rates will be honored, based on availability at time of booking, for guests wishing to extend their stay by 5 days before and 5 days after the block dates.
Full hot breakfast buffet, high speed wireless internet and self-parking are included in the rate.
We are proud to report that AESS 2019 will feature balanced, all-vegetarian entrees and sides for all our catered meals.
- Lunch will be available for purchase Weds-Fri, with alternate dining options on- and off-campus.
- Breakfast will be provided on Thursday and Friday.
- Coffee and tea breaks will occur in the morning and afternoon Thursday-Friday plus during pre-conference workshops.
- Wednesday Opening Reception included with full registration.
- Thursday Young Professionals night is a ticketed event requiring an RSVP at time of registration.
- Friday Awards Reception included with full registration.