Get Involved with AESS+ASLE 2023
Our conferences are made possible by the generosity of volunteers, sponsors and exhibitors.
The Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS) will hold our 15th annual conference in person at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR. Our theme is Reclaiming the Commons. We are co-locating with another environmental sciences organization (The Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment ASLE) to create a robust turnout! We expect to have 800+ attendees representing colleges, universities and organizations from all over the United States and some European countries. Exhibitors and sponsors get a two-for-one audience this year. We hope you’ll take advantage of our opportunities.
- Access to educators and students from the environmental sciences, arts and humanities in one event.
- Unique opportunity to engage with a diverse group of scholars, writers, scientists, sustainability professionals and educators.
- Splash your organizational info across our conference mobile event app as well as on the ASLE and AESS websites and media outlets to increase the number of unique visitors to your sites and grow your mailing lists.
- Receive a complimentary list of registrants following the conference (terms and conditions apply as outlined on aessconference.org/sponsorship.
*NOTABLE for 2023*
TIERED SPONSOR PACKAGES
*Conference Registration includes admission to full event beginning with Sunday morning and ending with Wednesday evening awards ceremony. Morning coffee provided Sunday-Wednesday. Lunch options will be available for purchase.
(Lead-retrieval is available for purchase for all sponsors/exhibitors).
Every effort will be made to ensure exhibitors receive prime exposure and direct marketing opportunities with attendees.
Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Exhibit area is centrally located near all session breakout rooms and adjacent to registration area and keynote speaker ballroom.
- Morning coffee/tea and any reception or social refreshments are located adjacent to the exhibit area.
* Conference Registration includes admission to full event beginning with Sunday morning and ending with Wednesday evening awards ceremony. Morning coffee provided Sunday-Wednesday. Lunches will be available for purchase.
**Conference staff will set up and refresh table as needed. Return shipping upon request if exhibitor includes pre-paid label(s).
***Pre-shipment details will be provided after contracts are submitted.
These are ideal for sponsors who cannot attend or wish to be involved with specific aspects of the event. Would you like to increase your engagement by adding-on to your sponsorship package? Check out these opportunities! Purchase HERE.
Branded Gear | Email to discuss
Promote your company while providing lanyards for badge holders.
Splash Screen | $400
This is one of the most visible spaces for a promo. It’s the digital equivalent of the print full page ad. Your logo will be the full-screen image when an attendee opens up their event app for the very first time. This image will also show up whenever the event app is opened after closing it out. Let your organization be the first thing any of our 800+ attendees view! You’ll also have an event app profile with management control and receive attendee contact lists.
1 opportunity available
Event Banner | $350
Display your organizational logo for all to see anytime anyone uses the event app. The event banner is static at the top of the screen, so your logo will always be visible to both mobile and web-based users when accessing the digital program. You’ll also have an event app organizational profile listing with management control and receive attendee contact lists.
1 opportunity available
Dedicated Page Banner | $300
Display your organizational logo for all to see anytime anyone an attendee selects a page (e.g. schedule. This image will show up briefly each time the page is visited. You’ll also have an event app organizational profile listing with management control and receive attendee contact lists.
Limited opportunities available
Session Sponsorship | $250
Can’t be at the event? Don’t have a rep to send? Want to support a panel led by your department? Your logo goes on the event website and event app schedule for the panel of your choice.* Logo is clickable and links to event app company profile.
*Session requests are prioritized in order of receipt and finalized at the discretion of the Event Staff.
Diversity Caucus Event or Reception Refreshments | $1500
We wish to prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion events at the 2023 conference by dedicating time for DEI events during the schedule where there are no concurrent sessions. Help us realize this goal by removing roadblocks for attendees to participate. We aim to provide sustenance so attendees can focus on participating in the welcoming and collaborative sessions. Your organization will be recognized as a special sponsor and given the opportunity to address the audience during diversity sessions and/or pass out information.
Multiple opportunities available
AESS/ASLE seeks to convene students, faculty and professionals – regardless of their ability to pay. Sponsoring an attendee to attend AESS/ASLE is one of many ways to support inclusion and diversity as well as improve interdisciplinary collaboration. Scholarship includes conference registration, lodging and event-sponsored meals. Sponsors will receive their logo on a dedicated portion of the conference website and a statement of thanks at the Opening Reception.
- Code of Conduct: All sponsors, exhibitors and conference attendees and their guests are expected to adhere to the conference code of conduct. By completing an application to exhibit or be a sponsor, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and will abide by the code.
- Payment & Cancellation Policy: Full payment is due to secure exhibit table. Sponsors are expected to pay invoice by May 1. Refunds will be issued based on the following schedule:
Cancellation before April 1, 2023: 75% of total
Cancellation before May 1, 2023: 50% of total
Cancellation on or after May 1: 0% refund
- Shipping: Exhibitors may pre-ship materials, information on shipping window dates and address will be provided at a later date. Exhibitors are responsible for arranging any return-shipping. Conference staff will donate/recycle any materials left behind on or under tables after the conclusion of the event.
- Skirting: Tablecloths will be provided. If exhibitors wish to bring banners other dressing, please note that tables are 8 feet.
- Conference Participation: Complementary conference registration gives access to all sessions included in general admission on Sunday – Wednesday. ASLE and AESS welcome exhibitor and sponsor participation in and during sessions in the capacity of an attendee and encourages this type of face-to-face networking and collaboration for all of our guests. However, exhibitor may not distribute or leave behind merchandise, signs or printed materials in the meeting rooms without written prior approval of the Event Staff.
- Digital Solicitation Guidelines: As part of your participation in ASLE/AESS 2023, you will have access to the attendee mailing and email list, which contains contact information for those attendees who have not opted out to receive communications. Please remember that this list cannot be added to your internal database without obtaining permission from the user. Conference attendee lists are to be used only to promote ASLE/AESS 2023 and/or to promote the exhibiting company’s presence and/or to promote the exhibitor products or services. Physical addresses can be used for multiple pre-conference mailings, and email addresses can be used for multiple communications prior to or during the events. However, only one email communication can be sent post conference for appropriate follow-up after the event, unless user opts-in to continue receiving correspondence from your organization.
- Event App: Sponsors and exhibitors will have a robust profile listing on the event app. It is the responsibility of the sponsor or exhibitor to populate information and maintain this profile through the event. ASLE/AESS is not responsible for the accuracy of sponsor/exhibitor information contained in the profile.
- Registration: Sponsors and exhibitors will receive an invitation to register once contract payment has cleared and registration is open for the event. Registration includes conference-related refreshments and sessions beginning with Sunday morning coffee and ending with Wednesday evening Reception. Sponsors and exhibitors are welcome to attend all conference and networking sessions associated with the event. Field-trip participation and pre-conference workshops requiring a ticket are add-ons and not covered by sponsor complementary registration.
Who do I contact with questions?
How do I manage my exhibitor listing?
How do I manage my sponsor listing?
Where can I pre-ship materials?
When can I set-up/tear-down?
Vendors may have access to set-up Sunday morning as early as 6:30am local time. Tear-down can occur at the vendor’s leisure. We have events scheduled through 7pm Wednesday and vendors are welcome to exhibit S-W.