Get Involved with AESS 2022
AESS Conferences are made possible by the generosity of volunteers, sponsors and exhibitors.
The Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS) will hold our 14th annual conference in person at the Sheraton North Baltimore in Towson, MD June 20-22, 2022. Our theme is Hopeful strategies for the Anthropocene. The AESS 2022 Conference welcomes ESS-related panel and presentation proposals in the interdisciplinary sciences, social sciences, natural resource management, natural sciences, environmental humanities, sustainability, education, activism, and more. We expect to have attendees representing colleges, universities and organizations from all over the United States and some European countries.
This year AESS is soliciting proposals in seven areas of emphasis to facilitate member connections and collaboration, live networking events and workshops. Each area of emphasis connects with broader commitments of AESS to social, environmental, and racial justice.
Our conference is expected to draw more than 150 academics, practitioners, undergraduate and graduate students involved in environmental studies, science, policy, conservation, advocacy, and sustainability.
As the flagship association for interdisciplinary environmental studies and sciences, AESS seeks sponsor support to help advance the mission of the organization while keeping membership costs and conference registration low.
- Unique opportunity to engage with a diverse group of scholars, scientists, sustainability professionals and educators.
- Network with professors and students from colleges and universities across the United States.
- Exhibitor and sponsor names and contact information will be in the AESS Conference mobile event app as well as on the AESS website for one year.
- Receive a complimentary list of AESS registrants following the conference (terms and conditions apply as outlined on aessconference.org/sponsorship.
*NEW* in 2022
- Add-on to your package to help support income challenged and student attendees.
- Event app offering sponsors control over their profile pages.
- Custom packages for additional visibility.
TIERED SPONSOR PACKAGES
*Conference Registration includes admission to full event beginning with Monday morning Keynote and ending with Wednesday evening awards ceremony. Breakfast and coffee provided Monday-Wednesday. Lunch options will be available for purchase.
(Lead-retrieval is available for purchase for all sponsors/exhibitors).
Push notifications: send up to 3 scheduled push notifications between June 17-22
Session Sponsorship: your logo on the event website and event app schedule;**
logo is clickable and links to event app company profile listing
**May select any session from panel sessions scheduled Monday-Wednesday, poster session or lunch roundtable.
Every effort will be made to ensure exhibitors receive prime exposure and direct marketing opportunities with attendees.
Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Exhibit area is centrally located near all session breakout rooms where attendees pass through to reach each session.
- Morning coffee, breakfast, and afternoon break refreshments are located adjacent to the exhibit area.
* Conference Registration includes admission to full event beginning with Monday morning keynote and ending with Wednesday evening awards ceremony plus breakfast and coffee on exhibition days. Lunches will be available for purchase.
**Conference staff will set up and refresh table as needed. Return shipping for supplies paid by exhibitor.
***Pre-shipment details available on exhibition contract
Pre-Conference Email: 100-word pitch sent to AESS community. We’ll include your logo, message and any URLs/reply-to details specified (conference registrants and AESS mailing list at-large)
Push notifications: send up to 3 scheduled push notifications between June 17-22
Session Sponsorship: your logo on the event website and event app schedule*. Logo is clickable and links to event app company profile listing
*May select any session from general sessions scheduled Monday-Wednesday, poster session or lunch roundtable.
Can’t send a representative to AESS 2022 or wish to increase your engagement by adding-on to your sponsorship package? Check out these opportunities!
Coffee & Tea | $300
Consider getting your organization to sponsor morning refreshments. The perks: attendees will be happily refreshed and your organization will have visibility through signage, recognition online, and the opportunity to display materials. Departments: this is a great way to showcase your department’s programs and published works. Multiple available
Hydration Station | $300
AESS has worked to eliminate disposable water bottles at events by providing water filling stations in conveniently accessed areas. Ask your organization to support this mission by sponsoring a station. Attendees will be happily hydrated and your organization will have visibility through signage, recognition online and on the event app and the opportunity to display materials. Multiple available
Snacks | $300
Our attendees have sessions all day Monday-Wednesday. Afternoon break is a popular time for guests to mingle and recharge. Consider asking your organization to sponsor a break and help guests refuel. Your organization will have visibility through signage, recognition online and on the event app and the opportunity to display materials. Three Available
Custom Package | Email to discuss
Have an idea or want to create a custom package? We will work with you to meet your needs.
ADVERTISING & PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Branded Gear | Email to discuss
Promote your company while providing lanyards for badge holders.
1 opportunity available SOLD OUT
Display your organizational logo for all to see anytime anyone uses the event app. The event banner is static at the top of the screen, so your logo will always be visible to both mobile and web-based users. You’ll also have an event app profile with management control and receive attendee contact lists.
2 opportunities available
Session Sponsorship | $200
Can’t be at the event? Don’t have a rep to send? Want to support a panel led by your department? Your logo goes on the event website and event app schedule for the panel of your choice.* Logo is clickable and links to event app company profile listing.
*Session choices are first come, first served. May select any session from general sessions scheduled Monday-Wednesday, poster session or lunch roundtable.
AESS seeks to convene students, faculty and professionals – regardless of their ability to pay. Sponsoring an attendee to attend AESS is one of many ways to support inclusion and diversity as well as improve interdisciplinary collaboration. Scholarship includes conference registration, lodging and event-sponsored meals. Sponsors will receive their logo on a dedicated portion of the conference website and a statement of thanks at the Opening Reception.
Give the opportunity to a student or income-challenged colleague to experience a day at AESS. Attendee will receive a single day registration for a day of their choice and modest travel stipend. Sponsors will be recognized on a dedicated portion of the conference website and during the Opening Reception.
- Code of Conduct: All sponsors, exhibitors and AESS attendees are expected to adhere to the conference code of conduct. By completing an application to exhibit or be a sponsor, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and will abide by the code.
- Payment & Cancellation Policy: Full payment is due to secure exhibit table. Sponsors are expected to pay invoice by May 1. Refunds will be issued based on the following schedule:
Cancellation before April 1, 2022: 75% of total
Cancellation before May 1, 2022: 50% of total
Cancellation on or after May 1, 2022: 0% refund
- Shipping: Exhibitors may pre-ship materials ATTN: Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences c/o Sheraton North Baltimore, 903 Dulaney Valley Rd, Towson, MD 21204. Exhibitors are responsible for arranging any return-shipping. Conference staff will donate/recycle any materials left behind on or under tables after the conclusion of the event.
- Skirting: Exhibitors should plan to bring their own cloth and banners for table dressing. Tables are 6 feet.
- Conference Participation: Complementary conference registration gives access to all sessions on Monday – Wednesday plus Wednesday evening awards ceremony. AESS welcomes exhibitor and sponsor participation in and during sessions in the capacity of an attendee and encourages this type of face-to-face networking and collaboration for all of our guests. However, exhibitor may not distribute or leave behind merchandise, signs or printed materials in the meeting rooms without written prior approval of the AESS Staff.
- Digital Solicitation Guidelines: As part of your participation in AESS 2022, you will have access to the attendee mailing and email list, which contains contact information for those attendees who have not opted out to receive communications. Please remember that this list cannot be added to your internal database without obtaining permission from the user. Conference attendee lists are to be used only to promote AESS 2022 and/or to promote the exhibiting company’s presence and/or to promote the exhibitor products or services. Physical addresses can be used for multiple pre-conference mailings, and email addresses can be used for multiple communications prior to or during the events. However, only one email communication can be sent post conference for appropriate follow-up after the event, unless user opts-in to continue receiving correspondence from your organization.
- Event App: Sponsors and exhibitors will have a robust profile listing on the event app. It is the responsibility of the sponsor or exhibitor to populate information and maintain this profile through the event. AESS is not responsible for the accuracy of sponsor/exhibitor information contained in the profile.
- Registration: Sponsors and exhibitors will receive an invitation to register once contract payment has cleared and registration is open for the event. Registration includes conference-related meals and sessions beginning with Monday morning breakfast and ending with Wednesday evening Awards Reception. Sponsors and exhibitors are welcome to attend all conference and networking sessions associated with the event. Field-trip participation is an add-on and not covered by sponsor complementary registration.
How do I manage my exhibitor listing?
How do I manage my sponsor listing?
Where can I pre-ship materials?
ATTN: Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences c/o Sheraton North Baltimore, 903 Dulaney Valley Rd, Towson, MD 21204
When can I set-up/tear-down?
Vendors may have access to set-up Monday morning as early as 6:30am ET. Limited access is available Sunday night. Tear-down can occur at the vendor’s leisure. We have events scheduled through 4pm Wednesday and vendors are welcome to exhibit M-W.