- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Ashley Gebel.
November 4, 2020 at 8:02 pm #5712Ashley GebelGuest
Own Your Gender
by Juno Roche, Travis Alabanza, Kate Bornstein, Barbara Carrellas, Husk, Roo, Josephine Jones, Ruby, Tyler, Fiona, Michael, Amrou Al-Kadhi, E-J Scott
- ISBN: 9781787750197 (1787750191)
- Release date: October 21, 2019
- Publisher: UBC Press
- Format: paperback, 256 pages
- Language: english
- Genres: lgbt, queer, gender, transgender, feminism, genderfluid
- Author: Juno Roche, Travis Alabanza, Kate Bornstein, Barbara Carrellas, Husk, Roo, Josephine Jones, Ruby, Tyler, Fiona, Michael, Amrou Al-Kadhi, E-J Scott
About The Book
“All those layers of expectation that are thrust upon us; boy, masculine, femme, transgender, sexual, woman, real, are such a weight to carry round. I feel transgressive. I feel hybrid. I feel trans.”
In this radical and emotionally raw book, Juno Roche pushes the boundaries of trans representation by redefining “trans” as an identity with its own power and strength, that goes beyond the gender binary.
Through intimate conversations with leading and influential figures in the trans community, such as Kate Bornstein, Travis Alabanza, Josephine Jones, Glamrou and E-J Scott, this book highlights the diversity of trans identities and experiences with regard to love, bodies, sex, race and class, and urges trans people — and the world at large — to embrace a “trans” identity as something that offers empowerment and autonomy.
Powerfully written, and with humour and advice throughout, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in the future of gender and how we identify ourselves.
FictionBook ebook Trans Power buy reader on IndieBound. MP3 book Trans Power Juno Roche. MOBI Trans Power by Juno Roche download on Audible.