- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Ann Henkel.
November 7, 2020 at 5:50 pm #6123Ann HenkelGuest
The Wise Man’s Fear
(The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)
by Patrick Rothfuss
- Series: The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2
- Publisher: DAW Books
- Characters: Bast, Denna, Ambrose, Kvothe, Simmon
- Genres: fantasy, fiction, magic, adventure, adult, epic
- Format: hardcover, 994 pages
- Author: Patrick Rothfuss
- Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (2012), David Gemmell Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel (2012), Tähtifantasia Award Nominee (2016), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Best Fantasy and for Favorite Book (2011), Prix Elbakin.net for Meilleur roman fantasy traduit (2013)
- Release date: March 1, 2011
- ISBN: 9780756404734 (0756404738)
- Language: english
About The Book
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
My name is Kvothe.
I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.
You may have heard of me.
So begins the tale of a hero told from his own point of view — a story unequaled in fantasy literature. Now in The Wise Man’s Fear, an escalating rivalry with a powerful member of the nobility forces Kvothe to leave the University and seek his fortune abroad. Adrift, penniless, and alone, he travels to Vintas, where he quickly becomes entangled in the politics of courtly society. While attempting to curry favor with a powerful noble, Kvothe uncovers an assassination attempt, comes into conflict with a rival arcanist, and leads a group of mercenaries into the wild, in an attempt to solve the mystery of who (or what) is waylaying travelers on the King’s Road.
All the while, Kvothe searches for answers, attempting to uncover the truth about the mysterious Amyr, the Chandrian, and the death of his parents. Along the way, Kvothe is put on trial by the legendary Adem mercenaries, is forced to reclaim the honor of the Edema Ruh, and travels into the Fae realm. There he meets Felurian, the faerie woman no man can resist, and who no man has ever survived … until Kvothe.
In The Wise Man’s Fear, Kvothe takes his first steps on the path of the hero and learns how difficult life can be when a man becomes a legend in his own time.
Hardback book The Wise Man’s Fear. FB2 The Wise Man’s Fear Patrick Rothfuss buy cheap on Mac on Booktopia. TXT ebook The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss read online. EPUB The Wise Man’s Fear download for reader on Books-a-Million.