- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by aessconference.
December 23, 2020 at 1:47 am #10377Charlotte BuccinoGuest
The Troubled Air
by Irwin Shaw
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780440186083 (0440186080)
- Genres: fiction, novels
- Publisher: Dell
- Release date: July 15, 1978
- Format: mass market paperback
- Author: Irwin Shaw
About The Book
New York Times Bestseller: A provocative novel about one man’s struggle with courage and his conscience at the height of McCarthyism.
Clement Archer, head of a popular radio show, faces a profound dilemma: Five of his employees stand accused of being communists, and a magazine threatens disclosure unless Archer fires each and every one. Despite his efforts to meet his own moral standards and avoid self-incrimination, Archer finds himself hounded from both ends of the political spectrum for his seemingly righteous actions.
The Troubled Air, Irwin Shaw’s second novel, was published immediately before the author moved to Europe, where he lived for the next twenty-five years. The story remains a powerful portrayal of a good, decent man ensnared by the hysteria and cruelty of a dark period in American history.
Online The Troubled Air for PocketBook on Powells. PDF ebook The Troubled Air by Irwin Shaw buy cheap. FictionBook book The Troubled Air read online. MOBI ebook The Troubled Air Irwin Shaw download on iOS on Walmart.January 1, 2021 at 11:42 am #10481aessconferenceGuest
- The Field Description of Metamorphic Rocks | Norman Fry | 9780471932215
- Gone Missing | Linda Castillo | 9780312658564
- The Oxford Companion to Twentieth-Century Literature in English | Jenny Stringer | 9780192122711
- Overthrow: America’s Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq | Stephen Kinzer | 9780805082401