- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Danielle Quick.
November 10, 2020 at 7:52 pm #6589Danielle QuickGuest
St. Urbain’s Horseman
by Mordecai Richler
- ISBN: 9780771075193 (0771075197)
- Author: Mordecai Richler
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee (1971), Governor General’s Literary Awards / Prix littéraires du Gouverneur général for Fiction (1971)
- Places: London, England, Montreal, Quebec (Montréal, Québec)
- Genres: fiction, canada, novels, jewish, classics, literature, modern
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 504 pages
- Publisher: McClelland & Stewart
- Release date: April 10, 2001
About The Book
Long considered one of Mordecai Richler’s most beloved and acclaimed novels, St. Urbain’s Horseman has now been adapted into a high-profile two-part CBC drama. The attention this star-studded and heavily promoted mini-series will receive will renew interest in the book among Richler fans and introduce many new readers to this modern classic, now available in this attractive tie-in edition.
St. Urbain’s Horseman is a complex, moving, and wonderfully comic evocation of a generation consumed with guilt — guilt at not joining every battle, at not healing every wound. Thirty-seven-year-old Jake Hersh is a film director of modest success, a faithful husband, and a man in disgrace. His alter ego is his cousin Joey, a legend in their childhood neighbourhood in Montreal. Nazi-hunter, adventurer, and hero of the Spanish Civil War, Joey is the avenging horseman of Jake’s impotent dreams. When Jake becomes embroiled in a scandalous trial in London, England, he puts his own unadventurous life on trial as well, finding it desperately wanting as he steadfastly longs for the Horseman’s glorious return. Irreverent, deeply felt, as scathing in its critique of social mores as it is uproariously funny, St. Urbain’s Horseman confirms Mordecai Richler’s reputation as a pre-eminent observer of the hypocrisies and absurdities of modern life.
TXT St. Urbain’s Horseman Mordecai Richler. MP3 book St. Urbain’s Horseman buy iOS on Booktopia. MOBI ebook St. Urbain’s Horseman by Mordecai Richler download.