- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Jessica Lucas.
November 8, 2020 at 11:29 pm #6315Jessica LucasGuest
Sea of Poppies
(Ibis Trilogy, #1)
by Amitav Ghosh
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee (2008), Indiaplaza Golden Quill Book Award for Best Novel / Popular Vote Award (2009), Crossword Book Award for Fiction (2008)
- Format: paperback, 513 pages
- ISBN: 9780719568961 (071956896X)
- Author: Amitav Ghosh
- Language: english
- Release date: May 1, 2008
- Genres: fiction, india, historical, asia, literature, novels, china
- Characters: Neel Rattan Halder, Zachary Reid, Paulette Lambert, Benjamin Burnham, Deeti
- Places: India, Calcutta
- Series: Ibis Trilogy, #1
- Publisher: John Murray Publisher
About The Book
At the heart of this vibrant saga is a vast ship, the Ibis. Her destiny is a tumultuous voyage across the Indian Ocean shortly before the outbreak of the Opium Wars in China. In a time of colonial upheaval, fate has thrown together a diverse cast of Indians and Westerners on board, from a bankrupt raja to a widowed tribeswoman, from a mulatto American freedman to a free-spirited French orphan. As their old family ties are washed away, they, like their historical counterparts, come to view themselves as jahaj-bhais, or ship-brothers. The vast sweep of this historical adventure spans the lush poppy fields of the Ganges, the rolling high seas, and the exotic backstreets of Canton.
EPUB Sea of Poppies read online for PocketBook. Paperback book Sea of Poppies Amitav Ghosh buy cheap on Powells. FB2 ebook Sea of Poppies on Booktopia. Hardcover ebook Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh download PC.