This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Angi Marshall 1 year ago.
November 8, 2020 at 11:37 am #6241
My Name Is Lucy Barton
by Elizabeth Strout
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781400067695 (1400067693)
- Publisher: Random House
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee for Longlist (2016), NAIBA Book of the Year for Fiction (2016), Women’s Prize for Fiction Nominee for Longlist (2016), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2017), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2016)
- Release date: January 12, 2016
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, family, novels, adult, american
- Format: hardcover, 193 pages
- Author: Elizabeth Strout
- Series: Amgash, #1
About The Book
Lucy Barton is recovering slowly from what should have been a simple operation. Her mother, to whom she hasn’t spoken for many years, comes to see her. Her unexpected visit forces Lucy to confront the tension and longing that have informed every aspect of her life: her impoverished childhood in Amgash, Illinois, her escape to New York and her desire to become a writer, her faltering marriage, her love for her two daughters.
Knitting this powerful narrative together is the brilliant storytelling voice of Lucy herself: keenly observant, deeply human, and truly unforgettable. In My Name Is Lucy Barton, one of America’s finest writers shows how a simple hospital visit illuminates the most tender relationship of all-the one between mother and daughter.
Online book My Name Is Lucy Barton read PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. Hardcover My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout. Hardback ebook My Name Is Lucy Barton download on Powells. MP3 ebook My Name Is Lucy Barton Elizabeth Strout buy for Mac. FictionBook My Name Is Lucy Barton download on iPhone.