Home Forums Inclusion Plenary My Father's Fortune — read online

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Joel Ammerman.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joel Ammerman

My Father’s Fortune
    by Michael Frayn

My Father’s Fortune – Read More

• Format: hardcover, 255 pages
    • ISBN: 9780571270583 (0571270581)
    • Release date: September 2, 2010
    • Language: english
    • Author: Michael Frayn
    • Awards: J.R. Ackerley Prize for Autobiography (2011)
    • Publisher: Faber & Faber
    • Genres: memoir, biography, family

About The Book

‘An unknown place.’ This was what Michael Frayn’s children called the shadowy landscape of the past from which their family had emerged. In this book he sets out to rediscover that lost land before all trace of it finally disappears beyond recall. As he tries to see it through the eyes his parents and the others who shaped his life, he comes to realise how little he ever knew or understood about them.

This is above all the story of his father, the quick-witted boy from a poor and struggling family, who overcame so many disadvantages and shouldered so many burdens to make a go of his life; who found happiness, had it snatched away from him in a single instant, and in the end, after many difficulties, perhaps found it again.

Father and son were in some odd ways ridiculously alike, in others ridiculously different; and the journey back down the corridors of time is sometimes comic, sometimes painful, as Michael Frayn comes to see how much he has inherited from his father — and makes one or two surprising discoveries about both of them along the way . . .

MOBI book My Father’s Fortune buy cheap on iPad on Books-a-Million. EPUB My Father’s Fortune by Michael Frayn. PDF ebook My Father’s Fortune Michael Frayn read for PC.

FB2 My Father’s Fortune download on Audible. MP3 ebook My Father’s Fortune. FictionBook book My Father’s Fortune by Michael Frayn download iOS on Amazon.

Hardback book My Father’s Fortune Michael Frayn read online. Online My Father’s Fortune buy on PocketBook on Kobo. Paperback ebook My Father’s Fortune read online for Mac.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: My Father's Fortune — read online
Your information: