- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Elena Frerichs.
November 5, 2020 at 6:23 pm #5818Elena FrerichsGuest
(Chronicles of Barsetshire, #1)
by Anthony Trollope, David Skilton, Robin Gilmour
- Author: Anthony Trollope, David Skilton, Robin Gilmour
- Characters: Septimus Harding, John Bold, Eleanor Harding, Susan Harding, Rev. Theophilus Grantly
- Format: paperback, 336 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Language: english
- Release date: July 23, 1998
- Genres: classics, fiction, literature, victorian, novels
- ISBN: 9780192834089 (0192834088)
- Series: Chronicles of Barsetshire, #1
About The Book
The Warden centers on Mr. Harding, a clergyman of great personal integrity who is nevertheless in possession of an income from a charity far in excess of the sum devoted to the purposes of the foundation. On discovering this, young John Bold turns his reforming zeal to exposing what he regards as an abuse of privilege, despite the fact that he is in love with Mr. Harding’s daughter Eleanor. It was a highly topical novel (a case regarding the misapplication of church funds was the scandalous subject of contemporary debate), but like other great Victorian novelists, Trollope uses the specific case to explore and illuminate the universal complexities of human motivation and social morality
Hardback ebook The Warden by Anthony Trollope on Bookshop. MP3 book The Warden buy cheap on PocketBook. FictionBook The Warden download on Kobo. MOBI The Warden Anthony Trollope read online iOS.
TXT book The Warden buy. Hardcover ebook The Warden by Anthony Trollope read for Android on Dymocks. FB2 The Warden PC. PDF book The Warden Anthony Trollope download on Books-a-Million.