Home Forums Inclusion Plenary I Choose Elena – read online – 9781999683399

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aessconference 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John Kelly

I Choose Elena
    by Lucia Osborne-Crowley

I Choose Elena : READ MORE

• Format: paperback, 144 pages
    • ISBN: 9781999683399 (1999683390)
    • Genres: memoir, biography, feminism, adult
    • Language: english
    • Author: Lucia Osborne-Crowley
    • Publisher: The Indigo Press
    • Release date: September 19, 2019

About The Book

Aged fifteen and on track to be an Olympic gymnast, Lucia Osborne-Crowley was violently raped on a night out. The injuries she sustained that evening ended her gymnastics career, and eventually manifested in life-long chronic illnesses, which medical professionals now believe can be caused by untreated trauma.

In a brilliantly researched and deeply affecting essay, Osborne-Crowley invites the reader to her on decade-long journey to recovery: from the immediate aftermath of the assault, through years of misdiagnosis, to the solace and strength she found in writers like Elena Ferrante.

The author’s investigations reveal profound societal failures — of law, justice, education and the healthcare system. An essential contribution to the field of literature on assault and trauma, I Choose Elena argues that it is only through empathy than we can begin to address the self-perpetuating cycle of sexual violence.

Online ebook I Choose Elena by Lucia Osborne-Crowley. FB2 I Choose Elena buy on iOS on Kobo. FictionBook book I Choose Elena read online on Booktopia. Hardback ebook I Choose Elena Lucia Osborne-Crowley download for iPad. PDF I Choose Elena by Lucia Osborne-Crowley.

#9898 Reply

aessconference
    • The Forgotten – David Baldacci – 9780446573054
    • No Turn Unstoned: The Worst Ever Theatrical Reviews – Diana Rigg – 9780385188623
    • 500 Low Glycemic Index Recipes: Fight Diabetes and Heart Disease, Lose Weight and Have Optimum Energy with Recipes That Let You Eat the Foods You Enjoy – Dick Logue – 9781592334179
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Reply To: I Choose Elena – read online – 9781999683399
    Your information: