This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by aessconference 4 months, 3 weeks ago.
November 12, 2020 at 1:59 pm #6866
The Year of Eating Dangerously
A Global Adventure in Search of Culinary Extremes
by Tom Parker Bowles
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780312373788 (0312373783)
- Format: hardcover, 400 pages
- Author: Tom Parker Bowles
- Release date: September 4, 2007
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
- Genres: food, travel, memoir, cooking, foodie, cookbooks
About The Book
Fugu. Dog. Cobra. Bees. Spleen. A 600,000 SCU chili pepper.
All considered foods by millions of people around the world. And all objects of great fascination to Tom Parker Bowles, a food journalist who grew up eating his mother’s considerably safer roast chicken, shepherd’s pie and mushy peas. Intrigued by the food phobias of two friends, Parker Bowles became inspired to examine the cultural divides that make some foods verboten or “dangerous” in the culture he grew up with while being seen as lip-smacking delicacies in others. So began a year-long odyssey through Asia, Europe and America in search of the world’s most thrilling, terrifying and odd foods.
Parker Bowles is always witty and sometimes downright hilarious in recounting his quest for envelope-pushing meals, ranging from the potentially lethal to the outright disgusting to the merely gluttonous — and he proves in this book that an open mouth and an open mind are the only passports a man needs to truly discover the world .
FictionBook book The Year of Eating Dangerously buy cheap iOS on IndieBound. Online ebook The Year of Eating Dangerously Tom Parker Bowles read. EPUB The Year of Eating Dangerously on Mac on Barnes & Noble.
FB2 The Year of Eating Dangerously by Tom Parker Bowles download. MP3 book The Year of Eating Dangerously read online for Android on Walmart. Paperback ebook The Year of Eating Dangerously by Tom Parker Bowles download.
PDF book The Year of Eating Dangerously Tom Parker Bowles buy for iPhone on Kobo. TXT The Year of Eating Dangerously. Hardcover ebook The Year of Eating Dangerously buy cheap PC on Dymocks.November 17, 2020 at 10:32 pm #7074
- The Third Victim by Phillip Margolin – 9781250117502
- Very Nice Ways to Say Very Bad Things: The Unusual Book of Euphemisms by Linda Berdoll – 9780967481715
- Southern Ruby by Belinda Alexandra – 9780732296445
- She: The Old Woman Who Took Over My Life by Kathryn Tucker Windham – 9781588382788
- Every You, Every Me by David Levithan – 9780375860980