- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Alexandria Sayler.
November 5, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5808Alexandria SaylerGuest
Half a Chance
by Cynthia Lord
- Language: english
- Places: New Hampshire
- ISBN: 9780545035330 (0545035333)
- Release date: February 25, 2014
- Format: hardcover, 218 pages
- Awards: Pennsylvania Young Readers’ Choice Award Nominee for Grades 3-6 (2016)
- Genres: fiction, childrens, family, photography, juvenile, nature
- Publisher: Scholastic Press
- Author: Cynthia Lord
About The Book
A moving new middle-grade novel from the Newbery Honor author of Rules.
When Lucy’s family moves to an old house on a lake, Lucy tries to see her new home through her camera’s lens, as her father has taught her — he’s a famous photographer, away on a shoot. Will her photos ever meet his high standards? When she discovers that he’s judging a photo contest, Lucy decides to enter anonymously. She wants to find out if her eye for photography is really special — or only good enough.
As she seeks out subjects for her photos, Lucy gets to know Nate, the boy next door. But slowly the camera reveals what Nate doesn’t want to see: his grandmother’s memory is slipping away, and with it much of what he cherishes about his summers on the lake. This summer, Nate will learn about the power of art to show truth. And Lucy will learn how beauty can change lives … including her own.
MP3 ebook Half a Chance Cynthia Lord download on Book Depository. EPUB Half a Chance for reader. Hardback book Half a Chance by Cynthia Lord buy on Powells. TXT ebook Half a Chance read Kindle. Paperback book Half a Chance buy cheap on iPad.