- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Elena Janette.
November 10, 2020 at 7:07 am #6517Elena JanetteGuest
About a Mountain
by John D’Agata
- Awards: Orion Book Award Nominee (2011)
- ISBN: 9780393068184 (0393068188)
- Author: John D’Agata
- Genres: essays, memoir, history, science, environment, cultural, journalism, american, nature
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 240 pages
- Release date: February 8, 2010
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
About The Book
From “one of the most significant U.S. writers” (David Foster Wallace), an investigation of Yucca Mountain and human destruction in Las Vegas.
When John D’Agata helps his mother move to Las Vegas one summer, he begins to follow a story about the federal government’s plan to store high-level nuclear waste at a place called Yucca Mountain, a desert range near the city of Las Vegas. Bearing witness to the parade of scientific, cultural, and political facts that give shape to Yucca’s story, D’Agata keeps the six tenets of reporting in mind — Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How — arranging his own investigation around each vital question.
Yet as the contradictions inherent in Yucca’s story are revealed, D’Agata’s investigation turns inevitably personal. He finds himself investigating the death of a teenager who jumps off the tower of the Stratosphere Hotel, a boy whom D’Agata believes he spoke with before his suicide.
Here is the work of a penetrating thinker whose startling portrait of a mountain in the desert compels a reexamination of the future of human life.
Paperback About a Mountain download. MOBI book About a Mountain John D’Agata buy cheap on iPhone on Bookshop. PDF ebook About a Mountain on Walmart.