- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ryan Thomas.
November 9, 2020 at 5:13 am #6341Ryan ThomasGuest
A Clergyman’s Daughter
by George Orwell
- Author: George Orwell
- Characters: Dorothy Hare, Rev. Charles Hare, Mr. Warburton, Mrs. Evelina Semprill, Mrs. Creevy
- Publisher: Penguin Classics
- Format: paperback, 320 pages
- ISBN: 9780141184654 (0141184655)
- Release date: October 3, 2000
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, classics, novels, literature, religion
About The Book
Intimidated by her father, the rector of Knype Hill, Dorothy performs her submissive roles of dutiful daughter and bullied housekeeper. Her thoughts are taken up with the costumes she is making for the church school play, by the hopelessness of preaching to the poor and by debts she cannot pay in 1930s Depression England. Suddenly her routine shatters and Dorothy finds herself down and out in London. She is wearing silk stockings, has money in her pocket and cannot remember her name. Orwell leads us through a landscape of unemployment, poverty and hunger, where Dorothy’s faith is challenged by a social reality that changes her life.
Hardcover ebook A Clergyman’s Daughter George Orwell on iOS on Barnes & Noble. PDF book A Clergyman’s Daughter download. FictionBook A Clergyman’s Daughter read for iPhone on IndieBound.
FB2 book A Clergyman’s Daughter by George Orwell buy. MP3 A Clergyman’s Daughter George Orwell read online PC on Kobo. Hardback ebook A Clergyman’s Daughter buy cheap.
Paperback book A Clergyman’s Daughter by George Orwell download for Kindle on Book Depository. EPUB A Clergyman’s Daughter. TXT ebook A Clergyman’s Daughter read online on reader.